Friday, May 23, 2014

When you have a dream, nothing gets in your way - Post 350

When you don’t have a dream, everything gets in your way.

I recently heard a great story that illustrates why some people are doomed for failure.

Two men were standing in the buffet line on a cruise ship talking. This was their conversation:

cruise.aimhighforsuccess.com
Man #1: I can’t believe how quiet and peaceful it is today. It’s beautiful, just beautiful.
Man #2: Nothing is happening on this cruise. It’s boring. What a waste of time.

Man #1: Hey look! There are three different types of shrimp for appetizers.
Man #2: The food on this cruise isn’t nearly as good as my last vacation. I don’t know how they could serve this stuff.

Man #1: I think I’ll take three desserts with me on this trip in the buffet line.
Man #2: My room steward is rude and I don’t like the way he cleans up my room. And my shower water is too hot.

Man #1: I’m looking forward to the Las Vegas show tonight. Want to come with me? We can get front row seats if we go 15 minutes early.
Man #2: No way! The music is too loud and all that singing and dancing . . . I could watch that on television if I was interested.

Man #1: Let’s get some ice cream. It’s all you can eat!
Man #2: That stuff just makes you fat. I’ve tasted better ice cream at my local delicatessen.

Man #1: I just love cruising. It’s a great way to get away and relax.
Man #2: I’m homesick already. It’s boring. The bartender doesn’t smile at me. The sun is too hot. There are too many activities. Everyone is running around with an irritating smile on his face. You can’t get a decent newspaper and I don’t like the free movies they’re showing tonight. My travel agent charged me too much. The captain isn’t going where I want to go. The swimming pools make me wet . . .

I think you have the idea.

One man decided to be happy and enjoy the cruise. His “friend” decided to be unhappy.

You could solve every problem for Man #2, but he would find new problems so that he could remain unhappy.

Sound familiar?

As Tom Paredes says: “When you have a dream, nothing gets in your way. When you don’t have a dream, everything gets in your way.”

Many network marketing leaders spend hours, days, and even weeks trying to solve and eliminate problems and challenges for their distributors.

However, no matter how much they clear the road for success, a negative-minded distributor will still find yet another obstacle to throw in his way.

The leader’s efforts are wasted. The leader can’t win. And the leader must bite his lip, stand by the sidelines and watch his negative-minded distributor fail. That’s why many potential superstars fail. Their dreams are smaller than the obstacles they encounter.

This also explains those “rags-to-riches” stories. These “success stories” didn’t allow any obstacle to get in their way. Their dreams were far larger than the obstacles they encountered.

The lesson?

Your future leaders need a dream. If they don’t have a dream, you’ll be wasting your time helping them overcome the daily obstacles of business. Your assistance will always be needed.

Instead of trying to fix obstacles, help your future leaders create a dream.

As the late Jim Rohn always said, "REMEMBER THE SAME WIND BLOWS ON ALL OF US, IT'S THE SET OF YOUR SAIL THAT DECIDES YOUR COURSE!!" Set your sail for success in network marketing today by learning the skills for success. If you would like some personal help on this and any other aspects of network marketing then subscribe to my blog AIMHighWithKeith.com and be sure to check out some of my past posts. Also if you find value in my posts please share them with your team.