Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Lesson 8: How to Close. - Post 349

Over the past few posts we have been discussing “How to Give a One-Minute presentation” as presented by Tom “Big Al” Schreiter. So far you’ve learned the following:
  • Lesson #1 “Why prospects won’t give you an appointment.” 
  • Lesson #2: “How to get an appointment with almost 100% of the prospects you talk to.”
  • Lesson #3: “How to get your presentation down to one minute.” 
  • Lesson #4: “Question #1: What kind of business are you in?”
  • Lesson #5: “Question #2: How much money can I make?” 
  • Lesson #6: “Coffee Shop Conversation”
  • Lesson #7: “So exactly what do I have to do to earn this money?” 
Today, we will complete the series with Lesson #7: How to close.
The “One-Minute Presentation sounds great, but how do I close?”
I like to use one of these three closes.
  • “Well, what do you think?”
  • “And that’s it.”
  • “And the rest is up to you.”
There is no need for high-pressure.

You have simply stated the facts in your one-minute presentation, and now the next step is up to the prospect.

And there is no rejection either. You simply stated the facts as if you were describing a good movie. Nothing bad happens if your friend doesn’t go the movie you like, and nothing bad happens here if your business just isn’t for this prospect.

Let’s put it all together.

Let me give you a one-minute presentation that is outside of your industry. This way you can see the one-minute presentation through the eyes of a prospect.

Ready?

“We are in the gangster business. You can earn an extra $100,000 a year and all you have to do is shoot people. Well, what do you think?”

That was quick, wasn’t it?

Did you have the answers to your three basic questions:
  1. “What kind of business you are in?”
  2. “How much money can I earn?” 
  3. “Exactly what do I have to do to earn that money?” 
Because you received the answers to these three questions, you could probably make an immediate decision.

You could answer:
  • “Yes, my cousin does this already. So how do I join?” 
  • “No, it’s not for me.” 
  • “I have a question. Do I have to use a gun? Or could I use a knife instead?”
Remember, a really bad one-minute presentation is preferred by prospects over a perfectly scripted two-hour presentation.

What do most prospects think after hearing a one-minute presentation?

They think, “Hey, I can do this. And I won’t sound like a salesman, I don’t have to memorize a bunch of stuff, yeah, I can do this.”

Thanks to Tom “Big Al”Schreiter for this simple and amazing training that can set you on the road to super success. To get "Big Al's" visit: http://BigAlBooks.AIMHighForSuccess.com

As the late Jim Rohn always said, "REMEMBER THE SAME WIND BLOWS ON ALL OF US ITS THE SET OF YOUR SAIL THAT DECIDES YOUR COURSE!!" Set your sail for success in network marketing today by learning the skills for success. If you would like some personal help on this and any other aspects of network marketing then subscribe to my blog AIMHighWithKeith.com and be sure to check out some of my past posts. Also if you find value in my posts please share them with your team.