Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Lesson 1: Why prospects won’t give you an appointment. - Post 342

Why prospects won’t give you an appointment.

Over the next few posts we will be discussing “How to Give a One-Minute presentation” as presented by Tom “Big Al” Schreiter. Today we are going to start with Lesson 1, "Why prospects won’t give you an appointment."

Do your prospects resist your efforts to set an appointment for a presentation? Here is what they might be thinking:
  • “You are trying to sell me something.” 
  • “I don’t want to go to an opportunity meeting. I don’t know if it will be a waste of my time.” 
  • “You are trying to get your high-pressure sponsor to sell me something.” 
  • “I am safe if I don’t go on that conference call where they will convince me to join some scheme.” 
  • “I don’t want to spend money on anything.” 
  • “You will embarrass me if I decide not to buy or join your business.”
  • "If I am not interested, you will continue to follow-up and harass me until I am disgusted.”
Because your prospects have these thoughts, you must be a good salesman to set an appointment for a presentation. And, you must be willing to receive lots of rejection!

But most networkers don’t want to be a manipulative salesman. They just want to tell prospects about their program. And we all hate rejection!

Bottom Line, when you are talking to a prospect, think about this:
Is the prospect leaning forward, looking forward to your presentation?
Or is your prospect leaning back, putting up defenses, and trying to avoid a presentation?

In most cases, prospects are leaning back. This is uncomfortable for you . . . and the prospect.

So instead of manipulating prospects or trying to sell prospects, let’s take an entirely different approach. We are going to:
  1. Relax the prospect. 
  2. Get the prospect to lean forward, anxious to hear our presentation. 
And we are going to do this by learning TWO simple sentences that will change your life. All you have to do is say these two simple sentences and almost 100% of your prospects will ask you for a presentation . . . with no rejection.

On the next post I will continue with "How to get an appointment with almost 100% of the propects you talk to."

Thanks to Tom “Big Al”Schreiter for this simple and amazing training that can set you on the road to super success ( BigAlBooks.AIMHighForSuccess.com ) .

As the late Jim Rohn always said, "REMEMBER THE SAME WIND BLOWS ON ALL OF US ITS THE SET OF YOUR SAIL THAT DECIDES YOUR COURSE!!" Set your sail for success in network marketing today by learning the skills for success. If you would like some personal help on this and any other aspects of network marketing then subscribe to my blog AIMHighWithKeith.com and be sure to check out some of my past posts. Also if you find value in my posts please share them with your team. 

http://AIMHighWithKeith.com/2014/05/lesson-2-getting-appointments-almost.html