Thursday, September 20, 2012

Low-Fat Diet Facts (part 4)

Dr. Jules Hirsch, physician-in-chief at Rockefeller University, raised a different challenge. His studies suggested that when the fat content of the diet fell below 20%, the body started producing saturated fat from carbohydrates. Willett noted that substituting carbohydrates for fats could reduce high-density lipoproteins (HDL) levels while raising triglyceride levels.

So low-fat diets cause increased triglycerides and cause the body to make saturated fats, and they wonder why we're getting fatter?

Stay tuned, I will be releasing my report soon on why diets fail.

Keith Abell, RPh CIP MI

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. Do to the large amount of SPAM I am moderating all comments so your reply will appear shortly. Also, if you find value in what I post be sure to subscribe so you can be informed when I add new posts.

Thanks

Keith Abell
AIMHighForSuccess.com