Sunday, September 16, 2012

Are Low Fat Diets Beneficial (Part2)?

In 1961 the AHA published a report on prevention of coronary heart disease that singled out reducing certain kinds of dietary fat intake as a way to lower the level of risk. The report was cautious, however, stating: "It must be emphasized that there is as yet no final proof that heart attacks or strokes will be prevented by such measures." The report recommended that Americans eat less fat and substitute "a substantial part" of liquid vegetable oils for solid animal fats, such as butter and fatty meat.

Hmmm "No Final Proof" yet do it anyway?!?

Stay tuned, I have lots more coming as I wind up my research on why diets fail!

Keith Abell, RPh CIP MI

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. Do to the large amount of SPAM I am moderating all comments so your reply will appear shortly. Also, if you find value in what I post be sure to subscribe so you can be informed when I add new posts.

Thanks

Keith Abell
AIMHighForSuccess.com