Friday, March 14, 2014

Dr. Seuss' 5 Lessons on Life - Post 323

Dr. Seuss’ 5 Lessons on Life 

Provide Key to MLM Vault, Sponsoring More & Success

SPONSORING BEGINS WITH YOU

As many of you know three weeks before Christmas in 2011 I found myself without a job.

It was terrifying.

Oh, we had an emergency fund and we were debt free except for the house. I knew I could keep the family fed, clothed and the rest of the essentials covered but…..that’s not really living, is it?

Then a month led to three months, three months led to a year,  Uh-Oh.

So I turned to network marketing, something I had failed at 14 times, with great companies, in the past.
Trying something you’ve failed at once is hard….with no company to blame, it’s even harder to muster belief.  But 14 times?

I like to call it the ‘gift of desperation.’

I enrolled in September 2012 and by Christmas it was pretty clear [the proof is ALWAYS in the printout], I was failing again.

Then 2 things happened that altered the course of history for me.

First, I discovered that network marketing success, like any new venture, requires some skills.   I learned 1 tiny thing about people and the network marketing skills I needed became clear.

The other thing I discovered, controlling my thoughts, was massive.    Let’s be honest here……everybody knows most people join MLMs like me…..under tremendous stress money-wise or time-wise and in most cases, both.  That described me.  Perfectly.

People who say they work better under stress are full of crap.   It is not true.   Some of us thrive under pressure but stress is another animal and there is no debate on this one.

I was under stress and, like all people under stress, our thinking is not great all the time.  I needed to get my head clear, free from stress and generate laser like focus.

Amidst all the criticism, fear etc….. I had to, I knew, sponsor myself.  And become my top producer.
SoI began a journey of self development, learning from people that have already been there and survived with the scars to show it. One person in particular that I came accross in my search for info shared something that he had learned, of all places, while reading Dr Seus to his daughter, something I did every day when my girl was little.
So what did he discover while reading Dr. Seuss?  What he calls 5 mindset rules for Life. Rules, that when coupled with the skills discovery you get from your personal development; rules that would set youe free of the bondage of self.

RULE 1 – "Today you are You, that is truer than true.  There is no one alive who is Youer than You."

Realized that your authentic self is who you are.  Is that ‘you’ that you are right now, coming from fear or
faith.   And who are you really?  Do you reallyI care about you and do you want to do better? Do you remaine loyal to becoming better daily? Are you good and do you want to improve, everyday.  Not a bad “you.”

This rule has gained greater significance over the past year for me as I, sadly, see people investing in ‘creating’ a brand for themselves that is clearly not them.   Buying into some ‘system’ that will ‘build their brand’ because some alleged ‘expert’ convinced them they must have it to succeed…..is such a sorry ass, irresponsible pile of bullshit. 

You don’t build a ‘brand’ …..in Network Marketing you are the brand and really, why would anyone think it’s a good idea to alter the Creator’s amazing creation that you are? 

Good grief.  

Internet presence? 

Sure.  But really, what is a better brand than who you authentically are, right now?

RULE 2 – "Why fit in when you were born to stand out?"


There's no one on the planet exactly like you. So why follow the masses to fit in? You joined Network Marketing, just like me, to break from the pack.  

I would no longer apologize nor justify that choice. 

All this bullshit about being in ‘relationship’ marketing or ‘attraction’ marketing is trying to fit in with what others think.  I no longer hide what I do or make it seem like something more ‘sophisticated’ ….

I’m a network marketer. 

I’m proud of that and don’t need different names, labels or concepts to mask what I do.   Neither do you.   You’ve got the guts to go for it……show that off.   We stand out when we stand for something.

RULE 3 – "You have brains in your head.  You have feet in your shoes.  You can steer yourself in any direction you choose."

Now we’re into the heavy stuff.  No wonder people think your full of crap. 

I was.

I kept telling my kids they could be anything they wanted by thinking about what they really wanted [brains in your head] and taking action [feet in your shoes] …….but…….I kept telling them and myself that I couldn’t put the time into what I wanted, [MLM], because of work.   No wonder my kids would roll their eyes.  I realized the direction I had chosen was excuses and failing.  

I changed the direction Jan 2012. 

Decide to be successful or decide you’ll keep blaming, like I did, the circumstances we create as excuses.  Once you realize every single condition in life is a result of Rule 3 you are instantly devastated and free. It’s a devastating awareness but at the same time, you are now free. Choose your direction right now and get busy moving in that direction.

RULE 4 – "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind."

Wow. 

Who cares if Charlie thinks this is scheme or Harriet thinks your nuts. They ain’t feeding your kids, paying the gas bill, or funding your retirement.  Bite me Charlie.  You too Harriet.   You don’t matter.

RULE 5 – "Today I shall behave as if this is the say I shall be remembered."

Just love everybody, every experience.   Drink it in.  Try to interact with everyone, even if they aren’t interested, as if they are going to suffer a massive heart attack as soon as you are done.   Make them happy, valued….. make their day better.  Since we reap what we sow …..fill your life with compliments, prayers, kind thoughts and encouragement. 

Curiously, by killing with kindness the dream stealers will stay away, the Netwrok Marketing bashers and non-supportive ‘friends’ who are ‘just trying to be honest with you'.

What do you think?  Of these 5 little Rules?

Is there one in particular that would make a difference today?

If you found value from this blog post please subscribe.
If you would like to find out more about what I do visit http://AIMHighEnergy.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. Do to the large amount of SPAM I am moderating all comments so your reply will appear shortly. Also, if you find value in what I post be sure to subscribe so you can be informed when I add new posts.

Thanks

Keith Abell
AIMHighForSuccess.com