Monday, December 8, 2014

Not Getting Wet Anymore - Post 383

Some-people-feel-the-rain-others-just-get-wet-positive-pictures"Some people feel the rain. Most people just get wet." - Bob Marley

 I don't know why but when I came across that quote today it just reminded me of my MKMMA journey. For years I have been living my life, just getting wet. I never once stopped to reflect on what is around me nor questioning why. I've just been living the routine. Get up. Go to work on my 40 x 40 plan. Working for 40 years at 40 hours per week only to retire on 40% of what I couldn't afford. Spending no where near enough time with family or doing the things I would rather be doing.

Sure I questioned there had to be a better way. I even took some action and started a home business to find the better way but I was still on that treadmill going nowhere fast. It wasn't until I joined this MKMMA experience that I began to realize that there was truly a better way and that better way can be found within me.

By concentrating on the seven laws of the mind I discovered that a whole new world is out there. A world that is ready to be explored. I realized that in addition to the seven laws of the mind, there are other laws of the universe or laws of physics that are in play in my life. By just becoming aware of these laws and understanding them I could utilize them for my advantage.

The law of perpetual motion. 

In physics we learned that an object in motion stays in motion until acted on by something else. I realize that the law of giving follows this same basic principle of perpetual motion. When you give you will receive. The problem with most of us is we give but we don't believe that we are worthy to receive so we don't except it.

Someone pays us a complement, we reject it because we are taught to be humble and act with humility.

Someone offers a hand and we refuse it because of pride or for fear that we may be asked for something in return.

The good book says that if you give freely, ten fold will be returned to you. Give and be opened to receiving. Accept the compliment with a warm thank you. Don't be the one to stop the flow of giving.

The Power of Positive Thinking 

For years I have believed in the Power of Positive Thinking. As a result good things have usually come my way.

I remember a scene in the movie The Secret where I guy talks about how he always thinks of a good parking spot and one always seems to be available to him. Well, that is what I have always done and probably 99% of the time I have always found a good spot. Ever since my son got his license to drive he has had the same thoughts and almost always that good parking spot manifests for him as well. It's amazing.  Now, after the first trimester of the MKMMA experience I have learned that my Power of Positive Thinking experiences where one of the seven laws of the mind, the Law of Substitution.

I must confess however that the past few years things in my life have not been positive. I lost my job in Dec 2011 just a few weeks before Christmas (in fact it was this very week in 2011). As I shared on this forum a few posts back, it took me 2 years to find new employment. As I look back now I realize that even though outwardly I was expressing positive thinking, inwardly I was defeated and depressed. In my thoughts I did not express the positive attitude that I showed everyone else. I didn't want my wife and friends to know just how scared I was.

I have come to realize through this MKMMA experience that even though I got a new job a year ago, mentally I was still in that bad place. The place of hopelessness.

Two years ago I started taking the Network Marketing business more seriously. I finally began having success. I reached the pin level needed to maximize the compensation plan. I had groups of people that were growing without my assistance. I hit the $20K per year level. A level that the average net-worker would love to achieve. But I just could not seem to go any higher and I blamed myself for that. Now I know by studying the Seven Laws of the Mind that I was still mentally back in December 2011 when I lost that job.

I have now began to see through this MKMMA experience that I can truly write my own destiny and now I understand the how and the why. Despite the success I was having I have been so depressed about my performance in Network Marketing that I had begun to give up. I knew that I could do much better than I had been doing but just did not know how. I had the skills needed to be a million dollar earner but lacked the mental focus needed.

I wasn't "feeling the rain." 

Now thanks to Mark J and the whole MKMMA Team. I am beginning to "feel the rain" once again. 

Thank You