Friday, September 26, 2014

Want to be a winner - Post 372

We hear all the time to set goals and then you will have success. In fact the "goal setting" gurus always like to quote a Harvard study that showed that people that set goals had a much higher success rate than those that did not. The fact is, the study never took place.

Think about it. Every "New Year" we set all kinds of goals and how many do we keep?

Almost none of them.

Success actually comes from having a very specific purpose in life. Something that is so big and so specific that we will stop at nothing until we achieved it. That happened to me way back when I decided to go back to college after many years in the work world. To completely abandon everything that I was or had been doing. I had only one purpose in my life at that time and it was to graduate with that degree and become a pharmacist so I could porvide for my family.

So success is all in the mindset. Quincy Jones once said "If somebody can discourage you from your dream, then you should be."

The strange thing is I have had a much more difficult time finding that focus now. So many life obsticles have happened in recent years that getting in the right "mindset" is much more difficult. Mark Januszewski said if you "Want to be a w-inner?  We’ve got to work on the Inner….we do that, the “w” shows up." Here is a great video from Mark J #worldslaziestnetworker on becoming a winner.


As the late Jim Rohn always said, "REMEMBER THE SAME WIND BLOWS ON ALL OF US ITS THE SET OF YOUR SAIL THAT DECIDES YOUR COURSE!!" Set your sail for success in network marketing today by learning the skills for success. If you would like some personal help on this and any other aspects of network marketing then subscribe to my blog AIMHighWithKeith.com and be sure to check out some of my past posts. Also if you find value in my posts please share them with your team.

Keith Abell, RPh

PS: Like I mentioned I have been having difficulties myself lately with keeping the right mindset. I am about to embark on a 6 month Master Key Master Mind Alliance #mkmma training program. Be sure to subscribe to this blog. I will post my thoughts and feelings as I go along. Hopefully my journey can help you as well.