Monday, June 23, 2014

God, Forgive Me When I Whine - Post 358

Just wanted to share with you a poem that Keith Hall's shared with me:
God, Forgive Me When I Whine
Today , upon a bus,
I saw a girl with golden hair
I envied her, she seemed so gay,
I wished I was as fair
When Suddenly she rose to leave,
I saw her hobble down the aisle.
She had one leg; she wore a crutch
But as she passed, she smiled.
Oh God, forgive me when I whine
I have two legs the work is mine.
I stopped to buy some candy.
The lad who sold it had such charm.
I talked with him, he seemed so glad
If I were late, it’s do no harm,
And as I left, he said to me,
“I thank you, you’ve been so kind”
You see, he said, “I’m blind”
Oh God, forgive me when I whine
I have two eyes the world is mine.
Later, while walking down the street,
I saw a child with eyes of blue.
He stood and watch the others play
He did not know quite what to do.
I stopped a moment and then I said,
Why don’t you join the others, dear?
He looked ahead without a word
And then I knew, he couldn’t hear.
Oh God, forgive me when I whine
I have two ears the world is mine.
With feet to take me where I’d go,
With eyes to see the sunset’s glow,
With ears to hear what I’d know,
Oh God, forgive me when I whine
I’m blessed indeed, the world is mine.